Surprisingly, last night Google unveiled the whole new Android 11. Interestingly, this time the new Android 11 is also available for non-pixel smartphones. A few months before, OnePlus released the developer preview of Oxygen OS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series. The brand has started the public beta which means, anyone who owns the device can install the new update. The new UI will get both Oxygen OS 11 features as well as Android 11 features. Most of you remember that the Oxygen OS 11 is almost similar to the OneUI 2.1.
As mentioned the new update is available for both the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro. Those who are ready to explore the new UI with slight bugs can download, and install the same. Follow our guide for installing the new Oxygen OS 11 in your device.
OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11 Update Download Links
How to download and install Oxygen OS 11 (Android 11) in your device!
Oxygen OS allows you guys to download and install locally. There are some custom UI’s which doesn’t allow the same. We might have to navigate to recovery for doing the update. But, as said updating OnePlus devices manually isn’t a huge task.
- Download the public-beta file from OnePlus community or by following the below links
- Once the file is downloaded, move the same to the internal storage.
- Now, navigate to Settings, and tap on System.
- Once you reach, click on System Update, and select the “Settings” icon from the top right.
- After this, click on “Local upgrade”, and choose the file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, tap on install, and your device will be upgraded to the latest Android 11
- Do check out the “About Phone” page for verifying the update.
As of now, no users reported any major bugs after installing the new Oxygen OS 11 on top of Android 11. What we can understand from here is that, you can this as a daily driver. Do let us know if you have any doubts on the same.