Mint Mobile is one of the cheapest and most popular MVNOs in the US. They have been in business in the US since 2015.
But sometimes, you might find yourself in an issue where your cellular connection might be unusable, you might not be able to call someone or you might not be able to send a text or even the data connection is not working.
The culprit behind this could be wrong APN settings or APN settings not installed correctly on your phone. So, we are mentioning the correct Mint Mobile APN settings that you can enter manually in your iPhone or Android to fix this issue. Read on!
Mint Mobile APN Settings
Let us look at the latest Mint mobile APN settings. Setting up APN settings are different for iPhones and Android, so we are going to talk about it separately.
Mint Mobile APN Settings Android
Let us check how to change Mint Mobile APN settings on Android devices:
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Select “Connections”.
- Now select “Mobile Networks”.
- Click on “Access Point Names”.
- Now select “Add” in the top right hand corner menu.
- Enter the following information in the fields given:
|Username & Password||(leave blank)|
|Multimedia message proxy||(leave blank)|
|Multimedia message port||8080|
|Authentication Type||(leave blank)|
|APN Roaming Protocol||IPv4|
7. Click on the 3 dots menu on the top right side.
8. Select “Save”.
9. Reboot your phone.
Mint Mobile APN Settings iPhone
These are the official setup instructions from Mint Mobile for iPhone users.
If you’re on iOS 13 of higher:
- No need to do anything, it comes with Mint APN settings pre-installed. Although you need to enable the cellular data on your phone from the Settings menu.
If you’re on iOS 12:
- You should receive a notification from Apple prompting you to update the carrier settings.
- If you do not receive the above-mentioned notification, you can manually trigger it by going to Settings > General > About and clicking on “Update” button.
If you’re on iOS 11 or lower:
- You need to manually configure the Mint APN settings.
Let’s check how to do that:
- Ensure that the cellular data and LTE is enabled on your device.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select the “Cellular menu” option.
- Now select the “Cellular Data” option.
- Enter the following information in the fields given below:
LTE Setup (optional)
|MMS Proxy||(leave blank)|
|MMS Max Message Size||1048576|
|MMS UA Prof URL||http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc|
After you have entered these in the space given, restart your iPhone.
Mint Mobile APN Settings 5G
You might be wondering what are the Mint Mobile 5G APN settings.
It is the same as the above, there are no specific different Mint Mobile 5G APN settings.
What are APN Settings?
APN settings stands for Access Point Name settings containing the information that is required to make data and internet connections in your phone.
Most of the time, APN settings would be automatically installed on your phone. But sometimes, you need to install it manually if your internet connection is not working after getting a new phone or new connection.
About Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile is one of the most popular and cheapest MVNO carriers in the US. They started their operations in the US in 2015, and have achieved staggering growth after partnering with Ryan Reynolds the actor, who brought its shares and became the majority stake holder in the company.
Mint Mobile plans start from just $15 a month and go up to $30 a month. This makes it one of the most economical plans in the US for a cellular connection.
That is the reason they have grown quickly in the US, and adding Ryan Reynolds to the mix and his viral marketing has brought the carrier to the lime light.
Conclusion: Mint Mobile APN Settings
If you changed the Mint Mobile APN Settings to the ones given in this page, that should fix your issues. But if your phone still shows no signal and you can’t start calls or texts or use data, your phone is either not compatible with Mint Mobile or you have a bad SIM card which you might have to replace by requesting a new one from Mint. Also, please check if you have entered the APN settings for Mint mobile correctly without any spelling mistakes or formatting, as it is important.