Samsung Odin is the Windows PC software that is also known as the Utility Software. This software is majorly a firmware flashing software that is exclusively designed by Samsung to use in their smartphones and tablets. Odin is the first thing to do download if you want to install stock .tar.md5 firmware or TWRP recovery on your Samsung devices.
And here are all the versions of Odin, including the latest version of Odin. We also have the how-to guide for using the flash tool after your download Odin, read on.
Download Odin for Windows
|Software Name||Samsung Odin|
|Latest Version||Odin v3.14.4|
|Supported Formats||*.bin, *.tar & *tar.md5.|
|Supported OS||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
The latest version is Odin V3.14.1, and it is recommended to download the latest Odin tool for your Windows device because the latest update brings bug fixes and stability improvements as well.
Odin for Android 10 and higher (Odin latest version)
Odin for Newer S & Note series (including S20, Note 10, etc)
Odin for Android Pie and Android Oreo
Odin for Android Marshmallow to Android Nougat
Odin for Android KitKat and Jelly Bean
Odin for Android KitKat and older versions
These are the latest versions of Odin and it was released in January of 2016. It fixes the error of flashing for the Galaxy S7/S7e USA model (AT&T, T-mobile) and is supported by the newer models of 2016, such as the Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 6 and Note 7. For newer models like Galaxy Note 10/S10/S20 Series, you must use Odin v3.13.3 or higher. For Android 10, you need to use Odin v3.14.1 or higher.
Pre-requisites before installing!
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Odin tool supports for flashing only in Samsung smartphones.
- It works in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP running PCs.
- Please don’t use the Samsung Kies software while using Odin.
- Download the correct firmware for your smartphone.
Before installing the software and using it on your device you should take care of a few things, or it may cause some issues on your device in your future.
- Make sure that the battery of the device where you will be using it should be full or should be in a charging mode to avoid disruptions.
- Enable the debugging mode as it is important. To enable this, just go to the settings and tap on About phone, and then tap on 7 times on Build number. This will unlock the developer option. In there you will find the USB debugging option.
- Backup your mobile phone data so that you do not lose any data which you have stored.
How to install & use Samsung Odin to flash files
- For this, first, download the Odin zip tool required for your device from the above links.
- After this, download the firmware for your device by choosing the right model. ( Do note that, there are many phones for Samsung with the same name ) You can use these links at the end of this article for finding firmware.
- And once you have finished downloading, and installing the firmware, extract or unzip the firmware zip file using apps like 7Zip, and WinRAR.
- Now open the folder containing the Odin tool.
- Ignore the warning message while opening this tool.
- Yes, you can see the Odin tool in your Windows running PC.
How to Connect your smartphone
- For connecting your Samsung device, reboot to download mode after turning off the smartphone. For entering this, press volume down + home button +power key simultaneously after the mobile is switched off and the enter the download mode using volume keys.
- Connect your device to your PC after entering into Download Mode on your device. Then the PC software will notify if your device is added.
- Next, follow the instructions given in the software and proceed accordingly.
What is Odin Flash Tool?
Odin is the official firmware flashing tool for all Samsung devices to use in the Windows running PCs. Moreover, you must have a Samsung Odin tool to flash / Root or install the customs ROMs to your Samsung Android device. Odin is one of the must-have tools if you wish to Flash stock or Custom Firmware, Flash Recovery File, Flash Kernels, or Root package. And if you are looking for ways to download all the versions of Windows then, you can download the Odin ZIP for free.
The Odin flash tool can install the firmware binaries like (BL, AP, CP, CSC [CSC and HOME_CSC], and PIT) files. As of now, i.e, while writing this article, the latest Samsung Odin version is Odin3 v3.14.1. Further, if you are not a Windows user, i.e, a Mac or Linux user, you can use Heimdall or Java Odin for flashing. This is one of the good things about Samsung devices, that the easy availability of their stock firmware binaries and it is so easy method for flashing them.
Using Odin, you can not only update your Samsung device but can also restore it to stock and fix the boot loop issues on your Samsung devices. Odin is a very useful tool that detects your Samsung device only when it is in the Download or Odin Mode. It can flash firmware and recovery files with the .tar or .tar.md5 extension.
When developed by Samsung, Odin was originally meant to be used only in the company’s authorized service centers. The Odin tool we use is actually the leaked version of the official one released by Samsung but not distributed publicly. Most Samsung users might need to download Odin at some point of time for different purposes. In India, some of the users need Odin to flash Indian firmware of their smartphones that were bought from GCC and American countries.
Odin Download: Frequently Asked Questions
What is Odin?
Odin is a firmware flashing tool exclusively designed by Samsung for its smartphones. Earlier, it was only used in its Service Centres, latter they made it public.
Is Odin download safe?
Odin is a safe software, but it may contain some viruses if you doesn’t download from the official website.
Which is the latest version of Odin?
v3 14.1 is the Odin latest version available for download. We’ve uploaded all the latest and old versions of Odin in this page.
- News4 weeks ago
Apple Launches New iPhone SE Probably Killing The Flagship Killer
- News3 weeks ago
Smartphone Marketshare for Q1 2020 is Out! Xiaomi is Still #1, Vivo still #2 and Realme Climbs Back to #4
- Officially Launched7 days ago
Mi 10 Launched in India With a Price Tag You’d Never Buy a Xiaomi Phone For!
- Officially Launched4 days ago
Realme Launches Narzo 10 & Narzo 10A in India!
- Downloads25 mins ago
Download Qualcomm USB Driver – Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 Driver